Not everyone is a candidate for tooth whitening. Firstly, we have to make sure your teeth and gums are in a healthy condition as whitening can cause more damage if you have any existing dental problems. There could always be other reasons why you may not be suitable to have your teeth whitened so it is imperative that you book in for a complete dental examination and your dentist can discuss with you your level of discolouration and his or her professional advice as to how much whitening you will need.
It is also important to understand that depending on the cause of the staining of your teeth the outcome may be different on each person. You can generally expect a shade or two difference but also there is a chance that you will not see any change at all. Again, your dentist will advise that what works for one person may not necessarilyt work for another. Again, your dentist will be able to advise you.
Our hygienists can offer you a professional scale and clean and this may be all you need to make a difference to your teeth staining.
Please consider the following before you undertake any at home whitening treatment.
- Have you consulted your dentist and had your teeth assessed for suitability to be whitened?
- Do you understand exactly how to use treatment you will be applying at home?
- Are you fully aware of the potential side effects of whitening?
- Are you fully aware of the kind of results you can expect?
- We recommend Zoom © along with custom made bleaching trays provided by your dentist or hygienist.